Friday, May 2, 2008

Didn't have a camera

"I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been
And you have this letter, probably got excited, but there's nothing inside it
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hopin' i would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words....
Today I finally overcame
Tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I m in the mood to lose my way
But let me say you should have seen that sunrise
With your own eyes

Brought me back to life."
-3x5 by John Mayer


This song was playing in my head several times this week. The first time was on a glorious kayaking trip that John and I took with our friend Cortney. We couldn't bring the camera because we were sopping wet the whole time. The East China Sea is getting bluer every day.

Then, I was running the 3 mile run which my whole fitness group has been dreading for three weeks. You must understand, I don't think I've EVER run 3 miles without stopping. I did it in 30 minutes, so I'm pretty proud of myself. We ran on a half mile course surrounded by grass and trees, and overlooking the ocean. This beautiful song comes over my iPod. And I'm wishing I could snapshot myself and take that photo to my poor, unhealthy, pathetic self 4 years ago, working in a sad, over-airconditioned office, and frustrated because I didn't have time to do my schoolwork. I wish I could have said "keep slugging away because the view only gets better from here." You can never imagine what that view is, but it does always get better.

No comments: